I have played cricket for Maldon Cricket Club for six seasons having returned to cricket when my eldest son started playing for the club’s U9 team. Now all three of my children play for the club at various levels.
I am also the club’s Welfare Officer and Vice Chairman. As captain of the 4th team I aim to ensure that everyone who plays for the side enjoys their cricket and all players develop their game. I am looking forward to captaining the side and seeing our younger players flourish.
4th XI Team News
- 4s Go TopReport courtesy of Joe Figg. On a warm afternoon, the unbeaten Maldon 4th XI crossed the Strood to play West Mersea’s 2nd XI. Maldon won the toss for the first time this year and elected to bat on what looked like a tricky wicket. The key to Maldon’s success thisContinue reading “4s Go Top”
- 4th XI Roll OnReport courtesy of Alex Strong. Another tropical day at the Prom saw Maldon’s 4th XI host Felixstowe and Corinthians, looking to make it four wins out of four at the start of the season. Captain Joe Figg lost the toss and the hosts were sent out to bat first inContinue reading “4th XI Roll On”
- 4th XI Win AgainReport courtesy of Alex Strong. On a bright sunny day at the Prom, Joe Figg aimed to lead his 4th XI side to a third straight win in the 2021 season. Unfortunately, Maldon lost the toss and the visitors chose to bat, on what looked like a good wicket. Kian WoolstonContinue reading “4th XI Win Again”
- 4th XI Remain UnbeatenThe fourth XI travelled to Mistley and were greeted by a pitch that was particularly flat and wet, after a spell of horrendous weather. Captain Joe Figg lost the toss and we were inserted to bat. After a poor start start with the bat, Maldon lost several early wickets, bringingContinue reading “4th XI Remain Unbeaten”
- 2s, 4s & 5s Postponed Again!The weather continues to play havoc with our Men’s fixtures, with a further three games postponed on 15 May 2021. Saxton’s second XI saw their away fixture against Ipswich postponed, whilst at the Prom, despite the best efforts of Captain, Joe Figg (pictured) and others, the surface was deemed unplayableContinue reading “2s, 4s & 5s Postponed Again!”