I have played cricket for Maldon Cricket Club for six seasons having returned to cricket when my eldest son started playing for the club’s U9 team. Now all three of my children play for the club at various levels.
I am also the club’s Welfare Officer and Vice Chairman. As captain of the 4th team I aim to ensure that everyone who plays for the side enjoys their cricket and all players develop their game. I am looking forward to captaining the side and seeing our younger players flourish.
4th XI Team News
- 4th Team Beaten at HalsteadThe Maldon 4th XI made the trip to Halstead and skipper Joe Figg won the toss and elected to bowl first. With a couple of short boundaries the team felt that a par score would be around 175 so were really pleased to bowl out the opposition for 174. CallumContinue reading “4th Team Beaten at Halstead”
- Assistance Required – Prom MaintenanceContinuing in to the 2022, Maldon Cricket Club remain responsible for maintaining the square at our second home, the Prom. In order for arrangements to remain a success, we require the support and help of our club members, of all ages and abilities, to help prepare the square on aContinue reading “Assistance Required – Prom Maintenance”
- 4th XI Overcome MerseaOn a beautiful warm and clement day at the prom Maldon 4th team played West Mersea. Maldon were without their normal skipper, Joe Figg who has been promoted to the 2nd XI. Maldon elected to bowl first on a damp surface. Brilliant bowling from the opening and first change bowlersContinue reading “4th XI Overcome Mersea”
- 4th XI Finish With A WinThe final game of the season saw Maldon 4s face a mixed side from Galleywood CC in a 40 over friendly fixture. This proved to be a great game played in great spirit in glorious sunshine at Slades Lane, Galleywood. Maldon 4s batted first and Mark Thorn quickly got into his strideContinue reading “4th XI Finish With A Win”
- Successive 50s From The ChairmanMaldon 4s knew that the season had been a success whatever the result but wanted to finish the season on a high. They did not disappoint. Skipper Joe Figg won the final league toss of the season and on a good wicket at Drapers decided to bat first. Openers SteveContinue reading “Successive 50s From The Chairman”