After a few years without a Sunday team, this year, we are reintroducing our Sunday team, which will see a mixture of club members compete in friendly matches against local sides.
Sunday XI Team News
- Sunday Dons Fall Short Depsite 5 From Figgby Richard BuckbyThe weather conditions were just perfect for a game of cricket. It was warm and the sun was beaming down on the Hatfield Peverel Cricket Ground. Maldon’s skipper (Jas) lost the toss & HP elected to bat first on their home turf correctly at the toss and elected to bat first on theirContinue reading “Sunday Dons Fall Short Depsite 5 From Figg”
- Sunday XI Win By 1by Richard BuckbyOn a Muggy May day at Drapers Farm, Jas Bains led the Maldon Sunday XI out against North Weald, hoping to register the sides first win of the season. Having lost the toss, Maldon were put in to bat. With rain lingering throughout the morning, accompanied by dark sombre clouds,Continue reading “Sunday XI Win By 1”
- Sunday XI Sneak Homeby Richard BuckbyThe weather conditions were damp, overcast & a little muggy with a threat of thundery showers later in the afternoon. However, we got a full game in as the predicted rain thankfully never arrived. It was the end of Maldon’s cricket week and there were many tired, battered, and bruised bodies on theContinue reading “Sunday XI Sneak Home”
- Sudbury Edge Sunday Friendlyby Richard BuckbyReport courtesy of Jas Baines. The weather conditions were damp and overcast at Sudbury CC which is in the heart of North Essex. Maldon’s skipper (Jas) called incorrectly and lost the toss – the home team were keen to bat as they had a strong batting line up. Sudbury’s 2Continue reading “Sudbury Edge Sunday Friendly”
- Figg Leads Sunday XI To Victoryby Richard BuckbyReport courtesy of Alex Strong. After a disappointing day of cancellations on Saturday, the Maldon Sunday XI were determined to play their match away against Canewdon on Sunday. Led by Jas Bains, Maldon were put into bat having lost the toss against the hosts. The pitch was green, and withContinue reading “Figg Leads Sunday XI To Victory”