A squad with a superb blend of experience and youthfulness has the potential to achieve a huge amount in the months ahead.
First Team News
- Vacancy: Club Head CoachMaldon Cricket Club is one of Essex’s leading cricket clubs based at Drapers Farm. We are proud to be the home club of Sir Alastair Cook and maintain strong links with Sir Alastair to the present day. The Club currently runs four Senior Men’s teams at weekends, a Ladies TeamContinue reading “Vacancy: Club Head Coach”
- First XI Victory!Maldon visited Gandish Road, the home of East Bergholt determined to end a run of 12 successive defeats in Division 1. Captain Toby Pugh won the toss, and on a good looking batting surface decided to bat first. The visitors lost a wicket in the third over as Martyn CokerContinue reading “First XI Victory!”
- 1s Beaten Despite Resilient CokerRound 16 of the Two Counties season saw Maldon host Hadleigh at Drapers Farm. The Dons were in much need of a win after a disappointing and frustrating season so far. Hadleigh on the other hand sat 3rd in the Division 1 table, boasting one of the most powerful battingContinue reading “1s Beaten Despite Resilient Coker”
- Worlington Take AdvantageMaldon travelled to Worlington in what felt like a must win game going into it. The visitors welcomed back all-rounder Ian Elliott, who had missed the defeat to Halstead the previous week. On a parched looking venue, it was the hosts who won the toss and chose to bat. TheContinue reading “Worlington Take Advantage”
- 1s Beaten By 10 WicketsMaldon hosted league leaders Halstead, hoping for a win to kick start their campaign. Captain Toby Pugh won the toss, and on a glorious Saturday afternoon, chose to bat on a pitch that has already been used. Halstead struck with the 5th ball of the match, as Harry Grant wasContinue reading “1s Beaten By 10 Wickets”