This will be my fourth season with the club and very much looking forward to my first year as 3rd XI captain.
The 3rd XI in my time with the club has shown itself to be a fantastic blend of experience and youth and I’m very much looking forward to giving some of those youngsters a chance to shine this year and show their skills.
I’m sure there is going to be some good hard-fought cricket this year, and if we all play as well as I know we can then I’m confident we’ll come out on top more often than not. Most importantly though I’m looking forward to a nice cold beer after every game.
3rd XI Team News
- League Update – StattoAs we have started the second half of the summer. I thought it was ideal time to see how we stand in the league tables. The first team are currently seventh with an average of 13.1 with four wins and a tie from their ten completed games. The current leadersContinue reading “League Update – Statto”
- 3s Suffer First DefeatThe 3’s travelled to Woodbridge this weekend with the hope of the rain holding off to get the game underway. After losing the toss, Maldon were inserted into bat on a very soft and soggy pitch. Both Maldon openers were dismissed early, with Jamie Goldstein being caught and Barnesy beingContinue reading “3s Suffer First Defeat”
- 3s March OnReport courtesy of Luke Sanders. After a week missed due to poor weather the 3’s looked to carry on there winning streak while hosting Nacton, without Captain Phipps! Maldon began the day with the bat. With openers, Cameron Blackboro and Andrew Barnes looking to make a solid start, however thisContinue reading “3s March On”
- Jones Stars As 3s Win AgainReport courtesy of Keith Sharp On another warm and sunny afternoon Andy Phipps stood confidently to the middle to only walk back head in hands after once again lossing the toss on a green looking wicket (I think tails does fail). Put into bat Jamie Goldstein (16) and Andrew barnesContinue reading “Jones Stars As 3s Win Again”
- Threes Win By A WhisperA great start to a winning day was had when captain, Andy Phipps, won the toss and elected to bat first on a glorious day at Drapers Farm as the 3rd XI welcomed Copford 2nd XI. Jamie Goldstein and Andy Barnes took to the crease to start Maldon off strong.Continue reading “Threes Win By A Whisper”