This will be my fourth season with the club and very much looking forward to my first year as 3rd XI captain.
The 3rd XI in my time with the club has shown itself to be a fantastic blend of experience and youth and I’m very much looking forward to giving some of those youngsters a chance to shine this year and show their skills.
I’m sure there is going to be some good hard-fought cricket this year, and if we all play as well as I know we can then I’m confident we’ll come out on top more often than not. Most importantly though I’m looking forward to a nice cold beer after every game.
3rd XI Team News
- 3s win in HaverhillAfter a long drive through village after village, the Maldon 3rd XI arrived at Withersfield Sports Ground to play Haverhill 3s. Haverhill won the toss and chose to field. Opening batsman Andy Barnes and Stuart Coker started the innings and Barnes was quickly dismissed following a great catch at squareContinue reading “3s win in Haverhill”
- Assistance Required – Prom MaintenanceContinuing in to the 2022, Maldon Cricket Club remain responsible for maintaining the square at our second home, the Prom. In order for arrangements to remain a success, we require the support and help of our club members, of all ages and abilities, to help prepare the square on aContinue reading “Assistance Required – Prom Maintenance”
- 3s win a thriller at WoolpitOn a glorious April day, the 3rd XI made the long trip north to Woolpit. Due to the success of the 3rd XI in 2021 this meant anearly two week start in 2022 on Easter Saturday. However, despite availability over Easter, this much changed 3rd XI came away with aContinue reading “3s win a thriller at Woolpit”
- League Update – StattoAs we have started the second half of the summer. I thought it was ideal time to see how we stand in the league tables. The first team are currently seventh with an average of 13.1 with four wins and a tie from their ten completed games. The current leadersContinue reading “League Update – Statto”
- 3s Suffer First DefeatThe 3’s travelled to Woodbridge this weekend with the hope of the rain holding off to get the game underway. After losing the toss, Maldon were inserted into bat on a very soft and soggy pitch. Both Maldon openers were dismissed early, with Jamie Goldstein being caught and Barnesy beingContinue reading “3s Suffer First Defeat”