This will be my fourth season with the club and very much looking forward to my first year as 3rd XI captain.
The 3rd XI in my time with the club has shown itself to be a fantastic blend of experience and youth and I’m very much looking forward to giving some of those youngsters a chance to shine this year and show their skills.
I’m sure there is going to be some good hard-fought cricket this year, and if we all play as well as I know we can then I’m confident we’ll come out on top more often than not. Most importantly though I’m looking forward to a nice cold beer after every game.
3rd XI Team News
- 2023 CaptainsThe 2023 season sees new captain across the board for the club. The 1st XI will be led by Ross Walpole, who replaces Toby Pugh. Ross was the 2022 Player of the Year, and his drive and determination will be key as we aim to return to Division 1. Ross’Continue reading “2023 Captains”
- Captain Changes!At tonight’s AGM, last years 2nd and 3rd XI and Ladies captains, Liam Saxton, Andy Phipps and Jess Walton are all standing down from their positions. All have sacrificed enormous amounts of time and energy in their roles. Liam (pictured left) took over the 2nd XI captaincy in 2019, guidingContinue reading “Captain Changes!”
- 3s win in HaverhillAfter a long drive through village after village, the Maldon 3rd XI arrived at Withersfield Sports Ground to play Haverhill 3s. Haverhill won the toss and chose to field. Opening batsman Andy Barnes and Stuart Coker started the innings and Barnes was quickly dismissed following a great catch at squareContinue reading “3s win in Haverhill”
- Assistance Required – Prom MaintenanceContinuing in to the 2022, Maldon Cricket Club remain responsible for maintaining the square at our second home, the Prom. In order for arrangements to remain a success, we require the support and help of our club members, of all ages and abilities, to help prepare the square on aContinue reading “Assistance Required – Prom Maintenance”
- 3s win a thriller at WoolpitOn a glorious April day, the 3rd XI made the long trip north to Woolpit. Due to the success of the 3rd XI in 2021 this meant anearly two week start in 2022 on Easter Saturday. However, despite availability over Easter, this much changed 3rd XI came away with aContinue reading “3s win a thriller at Woolpit”
You must be logged in to post a comment.