- 2023 CaptainsThe 2023 season sees new captain across the board for the club. The 1st XI will be led by Ross Walpole, who replaces Toby Pugh. Ross was the 2022 Player of the Year, and his drive and determination will be key as we aim to return to Division 1. Ross’Continue reading “2023 Captains”
- Connah Becomes A DonMaldon Cricket Club are delighted to announce that New Zealander Connah Thompson will be joining the club as player coach for the 2023 season. Connah, 21, joins the club after representing Howick Pakarunga in Auckland this past winter. The tall left arm seam bowling all rounder adds a real threatContinue reading “Connah Becomes A Don”
- Captain Changes!At tonight’s AGM, last years 2nd and 3rd XI and Ladies captains, Liam Saxton, Andy Phipps and Jess Walton are all standing down from their positions. All have sacrificed enormous amounts of time and energy in their roles. Liam (pictured left) took over the 2nd XI captaincy in 2019, guidingContinue reading “Captain Changes!”
- Thank you, Badger!Maldon 1st XI captain Toby Pugh has chosen not to stand for the role again this year. The club would like to thank Toby for his efforts of the past seasons as captain. Toby took over the captaincy in 2020 following Chris Harris’ decision to step down. Toby immediately hadContinue reading “Thank you, Badger!”
- Live Streaming in 2023Maldon Cricket Club are looking to live stream our home games in 2023, offering hours of great advertising opportunities. As well as a live streaming service, the Dons are toying with the idea of launching a YouTube channel which will post regular content including match highlights, moments of the week,Continue reading “Live Streaming in 2023”
- AGM 2023The Maldon Cricket Club AGM is due to take place on Wednesday 1 February. Attached is the paperwork for the forthcoming AGM on 1st February 2023 at 8pm. If you require an item to be discussed and voted for at the AGM that is not already included, please advise by 11th January.Continue reading “AGM 2023”
- Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 312 – Godmanchester (Home) 319-2 v 228-9 Draw Team news…Unchanged, at last! Maybe we did bat too long in this one but it was such a pleasure to watch (Sir) Alastair Cook caress his way to a hundred. Essex and England’s Keith Fletcher didn’t move from his deck chair allContinue reading “Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 3”
- Obituary – Paul JacksonThe club was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Paul Jackson on Friday. Paul, a long time member and groundsman at our local friends Little Baddow, played for Maldon in 2005 and 2006. Paul scored 658 runs for the club at an average of 31.33, with six fifties.Continue reading “Obituary – Paul Jackson”
- Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 27 – Norwich (Away) 247 all out v 178-9 Draw Team news… In = McCoubrey / Hawkridge Out = J Cook / Raymond This time around Norwich gained more points than us (9 versus 8) despite being 70 runs short of our total, and being on the back foot forContinue reading “Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 2”
- Vacancy: Club Head CoachMaldon Cricket Club is one of Essex’s leading cricket clubs based at Drapers Farm. We are proud to be the home club of Sir Alastair Cook and maintain strong links with Sir Alastair to the present day. The Club currently runs four Senior Men’s teams at weekends, a Ladies TeamContinue reading “Vacancy: Club Head Coach”
- Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 1Maldon 1st XI relegation…a trigger for success! It would be easy to assume that relegation is always a bad thing. It probably felt like that for the class of ‘98 as we slid towards an unlikely demotion given the depth of talent at our disposal. Now almost 25 years onContinue reading “Jeff Cook: 2003 Review Part 1”
- HM Queen Elizabeth IIMaldon Cricket Club is deeply saddened by the passing of HM Queen Elizabeth II. Our thoughts and sincere condolences are with the Royal Family and we join the nation in mourning her loss. Rest In Peace, Your Majesty.
- U16s Bow Out In Semi-FinalMatch report. Sunday 21/08/22. 12:30pm. Trevor Bailey Match play Knock Out Rounds 2022- (Semi Final) at Drapers. Sunday saw our Under 16 side take on Shenfield in the Semi-final of the Under 16 Cup at Drapers. Confidence was high following a tight victory over Brentwood in the Quarter Final.Continue reading “U16s Bow Out In Semi-Final”
- Primary School Cricket CancelledToday (19th August 2022) training for primary school children has been postponed. No sessions next week. The next and final session is 2nd September.
- RUFR 2022Our tenth anniversary Rock Up For Randall is fast approaching (Sunday 28th August 2022) and there will be a different feel to this year’s event as Neil is working extremely hard to create a different vibe this year and to attract some different people. The morning remains the same with aContinue reading “RUFR 2022”
Dons News By Team
- Club News (123)
- Colts (18)
- Ladies (24)
- Mens (126)
- Uncategorized (1)
Want to be notified when a news item is published? Register below with just your email address.
Join 320 other followers