Please read the message below from Neil Foster regarding Rock Up for Randall on 29th August.
We are back!
On Sunday 29th August we are delighted to once again bring you Rock Up For Randall
The pandemic and its challenges has meant we have thought long and hard about this year’s event and whilst we have had to scale back many of our plans we are going ahead with what we believe will still be a fun day to celebrate David’s life once again. Incredibly next year will see the 10th anniversary of Arkle’s passing and we will make that one our most spectacular yet.
For this year, we will still have an excellent day built around David’s two passions of Cricket and Music.
As you will probably know, this is the David Randall Foundation’s main annual day with its success always dependent on the efforts of friends and members associated with both the David Randall Foundation and Maldon Cricket Club.
Below is an outline of what we have planned together with several ways in which you can help us make this day a success and we urge you to have a read of this list and commit to help in at least one of the following. If you have never been involved before, please throw yourself into it and it will feel very rewarding.
- COME ALONG ON THE DAY
- We will kick off at 10am with our version of ‘The Hundred’ with a game between two sides – Elmo’s Has Beens XI v Macka’s Hopefuls XI, bringing you a chance to see many club stalwarts pitch their skills v the results of our youth policy and stars of tomorrow.
- The afternoon and evening is all about live music with around a dozen acts entertaining you on our outside stage.
- In addition to all this, we have some well chosen and safe sideshows as well as our usual Auction and raffle, Tea & Cake Stall, Barbecue, Curry Supper, Licensed Bar and more.
- This is an inclusive day so bring your family and friends. We are looking to pretty much make this a completely outdoor event minimising any health risks. Parking is free with admission via throwing some change in a bucket.
- VOLUNTEER TO HELP ON THE DAY
- If you haven’t already volunteered your services, please get in touch now if you can help.
- Roles for volunteers vary from working on the BBQ or Cake Stall to car parking or even helping run our various sideshows.
- We are also looking for a team to help erect marquees and gazebos on the Saturday morning(28th)
- BAKE A CAKE
- Our highly successful Tea & Cake Stall is very dependent on our volunteer bakers.
- Whether you can bake a big cake or individual ones, we will gratefully accept your creative masterpieces.
- If you haven’t already got in touch offering your baking services and you would like to, please do so as soon as possible.
- DONATE AUCTION OR RAFFLE ITEMS
- Our big money maker on this day each year is our Auction and Raffle which usually offers a wide variety of prizes.
- If you have anything of a good value that could be donated to our auction or raffle, we would as ever be hugely grateful.
Having read through the above, hopefully you have identified at least one of these items that you are able to commit to in order to help make this event a success.
Finally, make sure you get a babysitter booked for the evening because we promise you will not be disappointed!
Look forward to seeing you there.