The sun shone brightly all Bank Holiday weekend long, at long last, and the good feelings the sun produced were reflected on the pitch with a great set of results and performances.
Overall, a total of 9 games were played up until Tuesday, and from this 6 victories were completed in style, losing just 2 games and the other game ending in a tie.
And with the plethora of matches came several excellent individual feats;
* Elmo registering yet another ton, notching 101 vs Haverhill on Monday to follow up Saturday’s 31* and 3/29
* Jamie Goldstein narrowly missing out on a maiden Maldon ton, notching 94 on Monday, to follow up Saturday’s 40
* Young James Ainscough cruising to 78, and taking 4 catches and 2 stumpings over the weekend
* First XI skipper Toby “Wish I had changed my team name” Pugh leading by example with 4/47
* Callum Figg taking yet more wickets, with 4/19
* Finlay Jones taking 3 poles twice, 3/26 and 3/30
* Angus Beames notching 51*
* Joe Entwhistle making a maiden half century, 50* along with 2/12 and a catch
* Macca Jones scoring 72 in a century stand with Elmo on Monday
* Martyn Coker with 4/42
* Luke Sanders with 4/26
However well done to everyone who played, it’s the team spirit that makes us the club that we are.
This week saw quite a few high team scores, due to the amount of matches played but also in no small way due to the cunning use of the Triple Captain Points option – take note if you haven’t already made use of this!
Elmo leads the way this week with a massive 2395pts, followed by Luke Sanders on 2123pts and Martyn Coker on 2120pts.
Individually, Elmo leads again with 352pts for the week; Finn Jones amassed 262pts, Luke Sanders 250pts, Mr Ainscough 232pts and Jamie Goldstein 219pts.
Now for the all important league table…….no change at the top as Joe Figg still powers away with 5383pts; however movement below as Media Mogul Richard Buckby has slipped into 2nd with 4792pts, closely followed by Luke Reeve in 3rd (4693pts) and Elmo in 4th (4544pts). Positions 5 to 8 are separated by just 24pts…….Jody Brown (4258), Luke Sanders (4253), Mickel “Magnolia” Newman (4243) and Statto (4234).
Full speed ahead for the weekend and looking forward to seeing what happens next in the Fantasy League!
You must be logged in to post a comment.